Carranza Jewelers invites students, designers and general public to participate in our 11th Jewelry Design Contest on the occasion of the World Water Year Celebration.
- Event is by invitation only.
- The design should consist of a set of earrings and a pendant with a main gem of maximum 14mm round, oval, heart or pear, and adorned with diamonds of maximum 3mm each.
- The design must be delivered saved in an USB digital format (.STL) made with the Rhino or Matrix application (more info at https://www.rhino3d.com).
- In addition and following the tradition of the contest, two illustrations (free technique) must be delivered in letter size. The first illustration should show the jewel in use.
- The second illustration should show the general views of the design (front, side and top) for greater understanding.
- Both illustrations must be mounted on a 40 cm black rigid cardboard base. high x 50 cm wide with a margin of 2 cm.
- Each design must include a name and a description of the creative concept, inspiration or emotions that are intended to be transmitted through the jewel with a maximum of 100 words. This description must be written on a white cardboard 5 cm high x 21.5 cm wide and attached to the bottom right of the design.
- Each design must be unprecedented and not presented in any other similar contest, otherwise it will be disqualified.
- Carranza Jewelers and Carranza y Carranza, will select the best designs and present them to a jury that will determine the winning design.
- The winning design will be revealed in an event for the benefit of a social program that promotes in our community the importance of water and access to this valuable resource in unprotected communities.
- Registration is free.
Example of Cardboard
ASPECT TO EVALUATE:
- Innovation in the design proposal, proportion and form.
- Presentation, cleaning and formatting with adherence to the given parameters.
- All designers will receive a recognition.
- The design that get more likes in our social networks from October 25 to 30, 2019 will receive a certificate of $250dls valid in jewelry from Carranza Jewelers.
- The most voted design during the award party will earn a $1,000dls certificate valid in jewelry from Carranza Jewelers.
- The winning design selected by the jury of Carranza y Carranza, will be manufactured and every time it is sold royalties will be awarded to the designer during the next 3 years.
REQUIREMENTS AND DATES:
- To participate in this contest it is necessary to request an enrollment by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Full Name / Full Address / Home Phone and Cell Phone / School Name / Career Name.
- They will receive a confirmation by email with a participant number.
- The deadline to register is Monday, September 30, 2019
- The deadline to deliver the design will be Monday, October 21, 2019 at Carranza Jewelers, Village at Stone Oak, 22702 U.S. Hwy. 281 North,
Suite 106. San Antonio, TX 78258 United States
Tel: (210) 231-0414 email@example.com
The awards event will be hold in Monterrey, Mexico on Friday, November 8, 2019. (Place to be defined).